After creating the database in the database creation part I, it is time to load the Peoplesoft obects.
The scripts to be apply are under $PS_HOME/scripts, the projects under $PS_HOME/projects
This part is entirely dedicated to the manual database load - this is not required if you are using the DBWizard as I explained earlier in an other article.
Before hands, add the tns antry for the remote database, and test the connectivity from the client workstastion.
1. Configure the connectid within Configuration Manager
2. Run the DataMover and connect in boot strap mode (Peoplesoft's owner, generally SYSADM)
3. File > Database Setup
4. If you're working on a Unicode database, check Unicode and choose a proper characterset.
5. Check DEMO database to build a database with some data sample (typically for training purpose or developement) and SYS to build a database without data sample (UAT and production database). For more details about DMO and SYS difference, read this article. In addition, add the languages you want to see in your application
note : in the screen below, the access password is specified by default in upper case (it could be an issue on 11g with password case sensitivity feature activated if the sysadm's password has been defined in lower case)
The base language is most often "English", to make your life easier leave it in English.
Finally run the script, be aware, over the network, it could take several hours to complete.
NOTE : it is important to know, since it is a HCM9.1 installation, you don't have to upgrade the Peopletools to the latest release. All Peoplesoft applications 9.1 have been built on Peopletools 8.50 and consequently they are already on the latest Peopletools level.
6. Try to connect onto the AppDesigner with the HCM default user PS/PS
If the connection fails as showed above, run the %PS_HOME%/scripts/grant.sql to give the grant required to people user (connectid).
If it fails again, verify the PSACCESSPRFL table, ACCESSID and ACCESSPWD, if they are equal, you may have to change the Oracle SYSADM user's password in upper case as below :
The connection to AppDesigner should succeed.
7. The following step is dedicated to the Multilingual installation. If you don't install a ML database, skip this step and go directly to the part III of the database creation.
7.1 Copy the project PPLTLSML from file under %PS_HOME%/projects
Choose only the language(s) you want to see in your application
7.2 Go to the DataMover with PS user
7.3 open and run the script(s) %PS_HOME%/scripts/pt850tlsxxx.dms (xxx is being your code language you are installing).
Come to the UKOUG PeopleSoft Roadshow
1 week ago