Friday, March 11, 2011

Upcoming review : Oracle GoldenGate 11g Implementers Guide

I've been asked to review a book published by Pakt, a book about Oracle Golden Gate.

I'm very interested by this tool, especially in a Peoplesoft environment for reporting database within bi-directional replication. I wrote a small note about that few months ago here. But right, I've never took time to go further and try to implement it.
This book is a great opportunity to see all the capacity of Oracle Golden Gate, I hope to read there a couple of topics :
- bi-directional replication
- replicating only a set of tables
- replicating only a set of rows
- upgrading a database with nearly zero downtime
- performance measurment
- licensing (?)
You can already read a sample chapter before going further.

Nicolas.

2 comments:

Vladimir Grigorian said...

I have a question about Flashback Data Archive tables in Goldengate replication. Are these tables usually excluded in an extract like "TABLEEXCLUDE .SYS_FBA_*"?
What is the approach for replicating and initial load of Flash Back Data Archive tables?
Here is my problem. I exported a user schema using Oracle DataPump, imported into destination database. GoldenGate abended saying some tables dont exist on dest. I checked tables and there were about 200 tables that were not exported because they are FBDA tables and DataPump just ignores them. So, I recreated them on source with scripts.
So, how is this done? Source and destination have their own FBDA and these tables should not be neither recreated with scripts on dest or replicated? Or they have to be replicated with contents?

Anonymous said...

Have you used Quest's Shareplex to replicate PeopleSoft instances..Thats also a good software and simpler to manage